Wish list

Coordinator
Jan 15, 2011 at 6:43 AM

Any idea is welcome. What can make the project better? What feature can be added to CNC Studio? What would you improve?

We may not have resources to implement all ideas but we can try to implement most useful and frequently requested.

Here are three ideas that come first to my mind:
Easy to use - user should know where to click by intuition, most common features should be accessed with minimum clicks, buttons and labels should be descriptive... installation should be done in few steps with minimum external libraries, auto updates for new versions

Plug-ins - make the CNC Studio extendable with plug-ins and add-ons, so developers could add and share features

Drivers for CNC machines - software should also trigger movements on a CNC machine, without this feature the CNC Studio would stay highligted notepad and utility for analysing G code

Nov 12, 2011 at 4:18 AM

It would be great to see this project incorporated into a DIY CNC using the netduino. 

http://forums.netduino.com/index.php?/topic/2892-my-netduino-cnc-machine/page__p__20352__hl__cnc__fromsearch__1#entry20352

Coordinator
Nov 12, 2011 at 4:23 PM

Sure, we just need to agree what protocol to use. Would you prefer receiving lines of G code or direct commands for driving the motors? TCP, UDP, UART?

Nov 14, 2011 at 3:56 PM

I think what you have should work, my apologies for not look at it more in-depth. Using direct command for driving the motors over USB would be make the netduino app pretty simple, when I find sometime this weekend I'll start looking into it.

Coordinator
Nov 17, 2011 at 6:49 PM

japerr, change set 71454 contains NetduinoDriver.cs - the file contains NetduinoDriver class with Write(byte[] data) method where data is a line of G code. Please, implement the method according to your needs.

For direct commands you can try "re-wiring" simulator commands that move pixel cursor.

Sorry for the messy code, project still needs a lot of development work and cleanup to do.

Jan 30, 2012 at 2:47 AM

http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/17424/CNC-Graphical-Backplotter

GDI+ gcode viewer ¿?